Friday, October 3, 2014

Help my kids Wobble!


As an instructional Coach I find myself sitting with diverse groups of readers throughout each day. One common thing I hear repeatedly is about comfort.

When I read at home I like to curl up on the couch, lay in bed, or sit outside on a cushion. If you are not comfortable, you cannot concentrate. Ball chairs worked great in the classroom however I have found that kids are often getting into their book and rolling off. Sitting on the floor is NOT ideal and often times kids stand up and their foot has gone to sleep.

My goal is to create an environment where kids can read comfortably. I strive to bring bean bag chairs and WOBBLE chairs into my room as seating options for my students. I desire to create an "at home" feel in my classroom where kids can be comfortable to be who they are and exceed expectations in their learning journey.

Please spread the word and support my classroom!

The first thing I am looking for is to get Wobble chairs so my kids can rock and fidget at my table without actually rolling away!

http://www.donorschoose.org/project/wobble-reader-wobble/1368461/?rf=page-siteshare-2014-10-project-teacher_2552805

My ideal room would have wobble chairs and ball chairs as options at the teacher table. The floor would have beanbag chairs and rug space available for comfortable lounging. It would be filled with little ones reading and learning together.

Can you imagine it? Utopia!

No comments:

Post a Comment