Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year

Welcome back! As we begin a new year, I wanted to take some time to reflect on all of the amazing positive changes and gains made over 2014. If you think about how far we have come from August until now, it really is remarkable.

We ended the year with a BANG at our Polar Express spirit assemblies. The students and teachers both showed off their dancing talents and we played a lot of fun games.

Upon arriving back at school this year, I received an email from Donors Choose saying my project was fully funded. I should expect to receive a shipment of wobble chairs sometime in January! This should really be a wonderful tool for my kiddos.

When I dropped my daughter off at daycare on Monday morning, I was saddened for our wonderful break together to end. It made me thankful to all of the parents of our Christie Cubs for sending their children here daily for us to enjoy. We see our students more during the week than their parents... we need to remember that we are not just teaching math and reading! We are caregivers and we MUST provide an environment where these kids feel safe, secure, loved, and free to stretch beyond their current capabilities.

Parents, thank you for trusting us with your children.
Teachers, thank you for creating classroom environments where ALL student needs are met daily.

I will leave you with this:

1 comment:

  1. I adore your passion for the students. It means a lot to both them and their parents that you care so much.

    ReplyDelete