Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Veterans Day

I spent a good portion of my day yesterday taking pictures of our students planting flags to honor Veterans Day. One of my students walked into my room while I was working on making a sign for kids to hold in their picture. Here is the conversation that followed...

Student: What's that for?
Me: It's for Veterans Day.
Student: What's vegetarians day?
Me: This sign is not about choosing not to eat meat.
Student: Huh? Meat? What is veterinarians day?
Me: I guess that would be a day to honor animal doctors.  
Student: Wait, what? No, what are you making?
Me: A sign for Veterans Day.
Student: Let's just get started reading now.

This made me laugh... and of course I explained Veterans day when we were done. 

Here are some of the pics taken yesterday... too bad we can't show pics of kids faces, I got a few really cute ones!



Our leaders Mr. Steele & Ms. Kelly
Mrs. Roberts wearing her husbands jacket.          

No comments:

Post a Comment